This article will help you troubleshoot the issue.
The computer screen turns white and freezes windows 10 is a problem that many users have been having. Microsoft has released updates to fix the issue.
Ivan Jenic’s contribution
Expert in Troubleshooting
Ivan has gone deep into knowing this operating system, with a specialty in drivers and driver problems, thanks to his passion for all things Windows and his natural curiosity. When he isn’t tackling, he is… Continue reading
15th of October, 2021
Originally published in March 2018
- When your smartphone starts up with a white screen, it becomes totally useless.
- Fortunately, even in this scenario, there are a few things you can do, so keep reading.
- On our Laptop & PC area, you’ll find a long list of troubleshooting tips.
- In the Troubleshooting Hub, you’ll almost certainly discover a solution to other software-related problems.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Display and graphics issues are very common in Windows operating systems.
This time, we’ll be discussing a complete white starting screen. Users have reported seeing black displays on their computers as well. Furthermore, their gadgets often crash after showing the white screen.
We’ve compiled a list of possible answers to this perplexing problem, and we hope that at least one of them will be of use to you.
How can I get rid of the white screen on my phone?
1. Examine your vehicle’s drivers
Several customers have complained that their PC’s graphics card driver is out of current, resulting in a white screen. However, upgrading your graphics driver to the most recent version is a simple remedy.
Due to the present problem, you may need to perform this in Safe Mode or from a separate user account that is functional. In certain instances, you may need to uninstall your graphics card driver entirely.
To go into Safe Mode, follow these steps:
- To restart the computer, press the power button.
- Hold the power button down for a few seconds when the Windows log displays.
- Repeat the procedure once more. You should get a blue screen with various choices after the third restart.
- Click the Restart button after selecting Troubleshoot / Advanced options / Startup Settings.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the list of options after your PC has restarted.
We suggest utilizing a specialized third-party program for a fast and painless upgrading procedure.
You must first download and install the program before doing a system scan. The final result will show you precisely which drivers need to be updated, as well as software recommendations culled from a large database.
Although you may manually upgrade the drivers, this is the safest method to go about it and ensure you don’t install the incorrect component.
2. Run a malware scan
Users who experienced the white screen issue in Windows often claimed that the problem was caused by malicious malware.
Install third-party anti-malware software and scan your computer to remove any malware from your system. If suspicious software is discovered, it will be removed, and the white screen issue should be resolved.
Because you won’t be able to start Windows normally, you may wish to try booting into Safe Mode, as shown before.
3. Execute the sfc/scannow command.
- Open Command Prompt by right-clicking on the Start Menu button (Admin).
- Enter the command sfc/scannow and click Enter.
- Wait until the scan is complete before proceeding (since the scan is deep, it could last for a while).
- Check to see whether the white screen appears after restarting your computer.
4. Connect your computer to a separate monitor.
If you’ve previously tested your graphics card and it’s OK, but the white screen still displays when you boot up, the problem may be with your display.
Connect your device (laptop or desktop) to an external monitor and check whether the problem persists.
The white screen should show on the external screen as well if your graphics card is malfunctioning. If not, the issue is most likely due to your laptop’s display.
5. Take out the battery from your laptop.
To find possible problems, run a System Scan.
To detect Windows problems, click Start Scan.
To solve problems with Patented Technologies, click Repair All.
To identify faults causing security issues and slowdowns, do a PC Scan using Restoro Repair Tool. The repair procedure will replace damaged files with new Windows files and components once the scan is completed.
If you have a white screen on your laptop, you may be able to resolve the issue by simply removing the battery. Check your laptop’s instruction manual for instructions on how to remove the battery.
Make sure your laptop’s power cable is removed after you remove the battery. Now, for around 30 seconds, press and hold the power button.
After that, reinstall the battery, switch on your laptop, and see whether the issue still exists.
6. Verify the graphics card.
A white screen occurs sometimes if your graphics card is malfunctioning, according to users.
When you click the Power button, the computer screen becomes white, which is a strong indication that something is wrong with your graphics card.
Even if the problem occurs as soon as Windows begins, it’s possible that the fault is with your graphics card, therefore you should consider replacing it.
Because a new graphics card is expensive, consider it only after you’ve exhausted all other options.
7. Use the System Restore option.
- Restart your computer many times until the blue screen displays, as described in the first method.
- Select Troubleshoot / Advanced options / System Restore from the drop-down menu.
- Choose your user account and type in your password.
- Next should be selected.
- Check the Show additional restore points checkbox if it’s available. Next, choose the restore point you want to use and click Next.
- To restore your computer, follow the on-screen directions.
The issue should be fixed if your PC is returned to a prior condition. This method has been reported to work for many people, so feel free to give it a go.
8. Make changes to your register
- Follow the steps from the first solution to enter Safe Mode.
- To launch the Run dialog in Safe Mode, hit Windows Key + R. Now type regedit into the command prompt and hit Enter or OK.
- Navigate to the following place in Registry Editor after it is opened: HKEY CURRENT USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon HKEY CURRENT USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon
- A Shell string should appear in the right pane. Choose Delete from the menu when you right-click on it.
- When the confirmation dialog box pops up, choose Yes.
Restart your computer after deleting this value and attempt to start Windows normally.
9. Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
According to users, the white screen issue may be resolved by simply utilizing a keyboard shortcut.
Several people report that hitting Ctrl + Alt + Delete after the white screen appeared solved the issue. This keyboard shortcut solved the issue, so give it a go.
Remember that this may simply be a workaround, so you’ll have to do it again if the issue arises.
10. Enter your password without looking at it.
If you’re experiencing trouble with your password, you may be able to solve it by typing it blindly.
Users claim that this is occasionally an issue with a login screen, and that all you have to do to solve it is enter your password and hit the Enter key, and Windows will resume regular operation.
That’s all we have for now, however we do have another post that deals with the similar white screen problem, so be sure to check it out.
We hope your white screen problem has been resolved. If you have any questions or ideas, please leave them in the box below.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To resolve problems with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you? 2
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are 4 responses to this post.
The How do you fix a computer with a white screen? is a question that has been asked over and over again. The issue can be fixed by following the steps below. Reference: how do you fix a computer with a white screen?.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a white screen on a computer mean?
This is a blank screen.
What causes white screen of death on PC?
This is a common issue with many games that have been ported to PC. The most likely cause for this issue is a bad driver installation, which can be fixed by reinstalling your drivers.
Why is my screen white?
Your screen is white because of a bug. You can fix the issue by pressing the X button on your controller.
- pc white screen crash
- how to fix white screen on laptop startup
- windows 10 white screen on startup
- monitor white screen
- why is my laptop screen white