To troubleshoot network problems in Windows, you can use the built-in tool Network Monitor to view bandwidth usage. This article will show how to use this tool and other useful tools for managing your computer’s connection speed.
The “net speed monitor not working on windows 11” is a problem that can happen when using a network speed monitor in Windows. This article will help you fix the issue.
authored by Matthew Adams
Expert in Windows and Software
Matthew is a freelance writer who has written a number of articles on different technology-related themes. His major interest is the Windows operating system and all that surrounds it. He is enthralled by… Read more
- A Windows 11 network speed meter may be added to the desktop to display real-time download and upload speed information.
- You may use a separate software that adds a network monitor to the taskbar if you like.
- You may also think about getting a network speed meter with a lot of customizing options.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Do you want to know how fast your computer connects to the Internet? If that’s the case, you’ll require a network speed meter. These monitors display the download and upload speeds of your Internet connection in real time.
Yes, you may launch a variety of Internet speed test websites on your browser. Those online programs, on the other hand, usually just show you your connection’s maximum speed. They don’t show upload and download speeds in real time.
You’ll need to look at third-party programs if you want a real-time network speed meter for Windows 11 that displays download/upload speeds on the desktop. Using the instructions below, you may add network speed monitors to the taskbar and sidebar of Windows 11.
Isn’t there a network speed meter in the widgets bar in Windows 11?
The widgets bar is a new gadget sidebar for Windows 11 that you may access by pressing the taskbar icon. A new network speed meter for the newest desktop platform seems like a natural place to put it.
However, there is no network speed meter in that widget panel. There are 11 widget choices, none of which include a network speed meter on the panel. As a result, you’ll need to look into the third-party applications listed below.
How can I install a network speed meter in Windows 11?
Get a Net Speed Meter first.
- To download a UWP program from the MS Store, you must first login in to your Microsoft account. If you don’t already have one, create one on the Microsoft account page.
- On the taskbar of Windows 11, click Start.
- Then, from the Start menu, choose the Microsoft Store app to launch it.
- In the MS Store’s search box, type Net Speed Meter.
- Then, from the search results, choose Net Speed Meter.
- To install Net Speed Meter, click the Get button.
- On the Net Speed page, click the Open button after it’s been installed.
- When prompted to retain Net Speed Meter on the taskbar, choose Yes. Then, as seen in the screenshot below, Net Speed Meter will appear on your desktop:
- By left-clicking and holding the left mouse button, you may move that meter around the desktop.
- Right-click the speed meter and pick the Keep in Taskbar option to add it to the taskbar.
- Net Speed Meter may be customized by right-clicking it and choosing Settings. Then, depending on your preferences, alter the choices.
- Right-click Net Speed Meter and pick the How to use option for further information.
2. Download the 8GadgetPack
8GadgetPack should be installed.
- On the 8GadgetPack website, click the Download option.
- Then, on the taskbar, hit the File Explorer button.
- Open the folder in which the 8GadgetPack setup wizard is located.
- To launch the installation window, double-click 8GadgetPackSetup.
- On the 8GadgetPack Setup box, click the Install button.
- Check the option that says “Show gadgets when setup is finished.”
- Finish by pressing the Finish button. Then, on the right side of the Windows 11 desktop, the 8GadetPack sidebar will appear.
Network Meter should be added to the sidebar.
- Add gadgets by right-clicking the sidebar and selecting Add gadgets.
- To add Network Meter to the sidebar, double-click it on the third page of the gadget list.
- Right-click the Network Meter’s sidebar gadget and choose Options from the drop-down menu.
- The Display tab should be selected.
- By choosing ON or OFF drop-down menu selections for the information the gadget shows, you may add or delete them.
- Select the Color tab to alter the gadget’s colors. Then you may access color palettes by clicking the codes there.
Is it possible to verify connection speed in Windows 11 without using third-party software?
There is no desktop option in Windows that shows connection speed information. Your connection’s status pane, on the other hand, contains speed information. The Control Panel may be used to open that window:
- By pressing the magnifying glass taskbar icon, you may access the search feature.
- In the text field of the search utility, type Control Panel.
- To open the Control Panel window, click it.
- Select the Network and Internet category from the drop-down menu.
- Then choose Network and Sharing Centre from the drop-down menu.
- On the left side of the window, click Change adapter settings.
- Then double-click your connection to bring up the connection’s status pane, which will show you the speed information.
- To close the window, click Close.
How can I increase the download speed of my PC?
If your PC’s download speed is poor, there are a few things you may do to improve it. To begin, shut as many background programs as possible on your computer. Turn off the Allow applications to run in the background option on the Background apps tab in Settings.
System upgrades in Windows 11 might use a lot of bandwidth, slowing down downloads. As a result, lowering your bandwidth use for updates may improve your download speed. The advanced settings in the Windows Update tab of Settings allow you to set a bandwidth restriction for updates.
Turn off any other Internet-connected devices you have, such as tablets, cellphones, game consoles, and so on. If possible, deactivate their Internet connections and turn them off. You’ll be able to get the most out of your Windows 11 PC’s network bandwidth by doing so.
Keep in mind that your PC’s network adapter card is what links your computer to the Internet. To examine the speed of all your network devices straight immediately, learn how to check network card speed. The steps in this approach for Windows 10 may also be used in Windows 11.
If your PC’s download speed is much lower than it should be, you might try upgrading the driver for your network adapter.
You may accomplish this by using a third-party driver updater application like DriverFix to scan your PC. You can quickly download and install updated drivers for PC devices using driver updater software.
Furthermore, for those apps that use a lot of bandwidth, don’t be afraid to employ the best bandwidth limiter solutions. Even if they’re for Windows 10, you may use them to figure out which programs are using the most network traffic.
A network speed meter in Windows 11 is a useful addition to the desktop. Net Speed Meter and 8GadgetPack’s Network Meter are two free options with a lot of customization options.
The Net Meter gadget from 8GadgetPack delivers more network information than the Net Speed Meter device. Some customers may choose 8GadgetPack because of the extra gadgets it includes. Net Meter, on the other hand, cannot be added to the taskbar with Windows 11.
On your desktop, one of those network speed meters will show you how long your downloads and uploads will take. With one of these programs installed, you can keep track of your PC’s network speed in real time. 8GadgetPack and Net Speed Meter are two noteworthy Windows 11 programs.
Check out the best resource monitoring software for Windows 10 as well. Most of these functions are also available for Windows 11 users.
Which network speed meter is the best for you? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The “net speed monitor for windows 10 64-bit” is a tool that allows users to monitor their network speeds. The tool can be used in Windows 10, 8.1, and 7.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add Internet speed to my taskbar Windows 11?
A: The instructions for Windows 10 and 8 are below.
How do I activate my internet speed monitor?
A: It is not possible to activate your internet speed monitor through the app. Please refer to this article for more information about how you can use it via PC.
- netspeedmonitor windows 11
- net speed monitor for windows 11 64-bit
- free network speed monitor windows 10
- traffic monitor windows 11
- windows network speed monitor