This is a guide on how to fix the screen time not working on iPhone.
The ios 14 screen time not working is a problem that a lot of iPhone users have been experiencing. This article will give you a step by step guide on how to fix the issue.
Screen Time is a helpful tool for users who want to monitor their personal use as well as parents who wish to restrict their children’s usage. It might be argued that it is a need in this day and age. However, some customers claim that Screen Time on their iPhones does not function for some reason.
Some have had difficulty putting limits on their children’s phones, while others have reported erroneous readings and inability to block applications, as well as Weekly Reports and privacy restrictions. Whatever the issue, we have a few suggestions to assist you solve it. Take a look at the steps below.
Contents: Table of Contents
- Check the service status after restarting your device.
- Install the latest firmware.
- Disable and enable Screen Time as needed.
- Log out of your Apple ID and log back in.
- All Settings Must Be Reset
Why isn’t Screen Time on my iPhone working?
1. Restart your device and verify the status of the service.
Restarting your device is the first thing you should do. When an irregularity, glitch, or error rears its ugly head, a restart typically solves the problem. Hopefully, it holds true in this instance, and Screen Time will resume its normal operation following a reboot.
Also, be sure to verify the status of Screen Time’s service here. Currently, there seems to be a widespread problem with this iOS function. If the Screen Time is still green after the reset and the issue persists, consider upgrading the iOS.
2. Install the latest firmware.
Although updates have a tendency to disrupt some functionality and need further refining before they are released, they also have a tendency to solve certain pressing problems. And, given that Apple put a lot of emphasis on the Screen Time relative dubbed Focus in the most recent major update, we may be certain that all fundamental problems have been resolved.
So, if you haven’t already, update your iPhone to iOS 15, the most recent version of the operating system. Updates are typically applied automatically, however manually checking for updates is free.
Here’s how to upgrade your iPhone to the most recent version of the operating system:
- Select General from the drop-down menu under Settings.
- Select Software Update from the menu.
- Keep an eye out for more information. Make sure to install any updates that are available. Making storage space should be your first priority if you don’t have any.
If Screen Time is still not functioning on your iPhone or your child’s iPhone, try turning it off and on again.
3. Turn off and on Screen Time.
Disabling and re-enabling Screen Time on your or your child’s iPhone or iPad is the next step. This may be done via System Settings, and it will need a security PIN or password to deactivate.
On your iPhone, here’s how to turn off and on Screen Time:
- Open the Settings menu.
- Choose Screen Time.
- Tap Turn Off Screen Time at the bottom.
- Enter your PIN or password.
- Reboot your smartphone and go back to Settings > Screen Time.
- Check for improvements after enabling Screen Time.
4. Log out of your Apple ID and re-enter it.
Some people indicated that the issue may be solved by deleting and re-adding your Apple ID. We can’t guarantee that this will solve your issue, but it’s worth a shot.
Settings > Your Profile allows you to delete and add your Apple ID (Apple Account). Simply hit Sign Out at the bottom of the screen, then restart your device. After that, login in again, go to Settings, and open Screen Time to see whether the functions you depend on are working properly.
5. Reset All Preferences
Finally, if none of the other options worked, we recommend doing a factory reset. Of course, we’re talking about the Reset All Settings option, which will restore all system and program settings to their original defaults without deleting your data.
Here’s how to reset all of your iPhone’s settings:
- Open Settings.
- Tap General.
- Toggle between Transfer and Reset iPhone.
- Select Reset.
- Reset All Settings is the last option.
- Enter PIN/password.
- In the dialog box that appears, tap Reset All Settings.
That ought to enough. If Screen Time is still not functioning on your iPhone, you may file a complaint with Apple here. Thank you for reading, and please feel free to contact us with any comments, questions, or alternative ideas. Just below is a comment area.
The screen time not showing data is a problem that has been present for a while. There are several fixes to fix the issue, but none of them work.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix the Screen Time on my iPhone?
This is a difficult question to answer, as there are many factors that come into play when it comes to screen time. However, in general, Apple does not allow apps on the App Store that will help with this issue.
Why is my iPhone time limit not working?
The time limit on your iPhone is not working because the app has been updated and is no longer compatible with your phone.
How do I get rid of failed Screen Time attempts?
You can delete your failed attempts by going to the settings tab of the app.
- ios 14.4 screen time not working
- screen time not working iphone
- why is my screen time not working
- screen time has not been available for 7 days
- screen time not working on child’s iphone